“The role of innovation in managing new challenges in the forest-based sector at regional level in the EU”
January 18th, 2023, 9:00-17:00 CET
Started in 2014 as a joint initiative of European regions and forest sector organizations, the 5th edition of the European Forest Innovation Workshop devoted to Inform-Prioritize-Collaborate: Cooperation of Regions on Innovation in Forest Management, Use of Wood and Forest-related Services, will take place on 18 January 2023 (full-day workshop) at the Representation of the Free State of Bavaria to the European Union in Brussels.
The ERIAFF Network (European Regions for Innovation in Agriculture, Food and Forestry), the European Forest Institute (EFI), the EFI Bioregions Facility, the Forest-based Sector Technology Platform (FTP), the European Confederation of Forest Owners (CEPF), EUSTAFOR (the European State Forest Association), COPA-COGECA (European Farmers and Agri-cooperatives), ELO (the European landowners’ organization), USSE (Unión de Selvicultores del Sur de Europa) and Euromontana are pleased to invite you to the workshop: The role of innovation in managing new challenges in the forest-based sector at regional level in the EU.
Ensure your voice is heard and your views shared by the relevant EU and regional stakeholders. Help us to strengthen the contribution of forests and wood to the EU bio-economy and rural development: register now!
Main objectives of the event
• Understanding the new framework for regional innovation policies addressing the forest- based sector in Europe
• Presenting relevant innovations from different European regions that are helping address key European policy ambitions
• Connecting experts and practitioners to speed up knowledge flows
• Encourage public and private collaboration at EU and regional levels to foster innovation
The event will provide an opportunity to learn about the most recent updates on European initiatives and connect with a selection of innovative cases, presented during the 2 rounds of breakout sessions.
The themes addressed in the workshop are:
• Carbon market, bioeconomy, climate smart forestry and rural development
• Forest degradation and nature restoration
• Ecosystem services and better integration in forest management
Digitalization and social innovation are cross-cutting aspects contributing to the above themes.
• Workshop language: English
• Workshop cost: The event is free of charge. Organizers cannot provide any support for travel and accommodation expenses.
• How to arrive: Please have a look at “Advice on your journey”, in the bottom of this page.
• Data processing: In order to ensure your access to the venue, your registration data (name, institution, email address) will be passed on to the Representation of the Free State of Bavaria to the EU. Kindly note that this event may be documented by picture and video cameras. By participating you declare to agree that these pictures and video recordings may be used and published.